September 12th marks one year since the launch of Fasten’s in-app tipping feature in Austin. Since then, our local drivers have earned $2 million (and counting) in tips! To say thank you to riders for their generosity, we’re matching the amount you tip all day on Sept. 12th — and giving it back to you as ride credit. The more you tip, the more you’ll save on a future ride! There’s no expiration, so use it whenever you’d like.
We also did a little analysis of the $2 million earned in tips over the last year. The data shows just how generous the people of Austin can be when rewarding fast, friendly service, as well as some surprising trends! Check it out:
Locals are the best tippers:
- Locals are tipping 33 percent more than visitors, on average.
- After a victory in a football game, Austinites are a little bit more generous to their Fasten drivers than they are after a loss. Hook ‘em Horns!
- People traveling to and from East Side bars are tipping 5 to 10 percent more than people going to and from West Side bars.
Austin tips every day of the week, and more when they are tipsy:
- Tips on weekends were almost identical to those given on weekdays, with only a 1% increase in generosity over weekends.
- Riders are much more liberal with their giving after a fun night on the town. The biggest tips usually come late night on workdays — and in the early mornings on weekends.
Where the big tippers are coming from, and where they are going:
- Pickup points where riders tipped the most were hotels, golf courses and … shoe stores. Yep – shoe stores.
- Drop-off points where riders tipped the most were airports, Irish pubs, arcade bars and art galleries.
- The biggest tippers are picked up at Fonda San Miguel, Bender Bar and Grill and Sam’s Boat.
- The biggest tippers are dropped off at Canopy, Jester King Brewery, Four Seasons Hotel and Holiday Inn, proving that it isn’t just high rollers at 5-star hotels that tip big for great service.
–Valid for trips on 9/12/17 only.
–Tips will be totaled and available as ride credit upon notification on 9/13/17.